At Northern Light, we believe student voice lies at the center of a meaningful and progressive education. Our faculty and staff take the time to listen to young people and encourage them to be active participants in their own education – whether they are 2nd graders developing literacy skills through abstract art, or middle schoolers producing podcasts on issues of social and civic concern. Northern Light students feel empowered to pursue their passions, delight in new discoveries, and express their talents across a wide array of academic, enrichment, and arts-based programs...
Northern Light School Home
Home Page Main Image Shuffle
Educating The Whole Child
- 16students Average class size
- Over1 million in financial aid awarded every year
- 2/3 offaculty & staff identify as people of color
- 70%of faculty hold advanced degrees
- Over 300graduates attending over 70 prestigious secondary schools, colleges, & universities worldwide
- 99% ofprivate high school acceptance of full or partial scholarships
In February, we celebrated Black History Month with a dynamic, student-centered program highlighting the rich traditions of the African diaspora, and the towering contributions of Black artists, scholars, icons, innovators, and leaders throughout American history.
恭喜發財! Northern Light School kicked off this Lunar New Year with a bang! We had a very special performances from the Cal VSA Lion Dance Team and from the Cal Fei Tian Dancers.
In November we honored Native American Heritage Month, and took a more classroom centered approach to how students engage with the histories of our country’s Indigenous communities.