Applying to Northern Light School
1.) Connect with Us, Visit Us, or Attend an Admissions Event
As part of the Admissions process, we ask that all families begin with a visit to Northern Light School in an effort to experience the vibrancy of our community. Visiting Northern Light School will give you an opportunity to take a glimpse inside our world - to check out our campus, understand the history of NLS, and learn more about our curriculum, culture, and values.
2.) Submit an Online NLS Application
- Online Enrollment Application - Priority Round applications due January 21, 2022
- Include a recent photo of your child and family
- Submit $60 non-refundable application fee for first child plus $25 for each additional child
- Include a copy of your child’s birth certificate
- Include a copy of last two years report card for students entering grades 2-7, copy of kindergarten report card for students entering first grade.
- Submit a student self portrait for students entering grades K-8
- Submit a Teacher Recommendation Form to your child's teacher
3.) Financial Aid Application
- Completed Financial Aid Application (SSS) along with SSS application fee and supporting documentation are due by January 31, 2022 in order to be considered for tuition assistance by Northern Light School. It is critical that a copy of all supporting documents be submitted with the application. Tuition assistance will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are no longer available. Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be available November 2021.
- Complete and mail The BASIC FUND application to address on application. Please review application eligibility requirements carefully prior to completing application. Completed applications including eligible financial documentation will be awarded first-come, first-served basis until funds are no longer available, anticipated to be March 2022. Completed applications submitted after due date will be added to a wait list with the possibility of being chosen through a lottery on July 31st. All families that fall within the income eligibility guidelines are required to apply for the BASIC Fund scholarship. Applications for the 2022-2023 school year will be available January 2022.
4.) Student Shadow Visit & Assessment
Prospective students will visit Northern Light School for a day or a few hours (depending on grade level). Students will be introduced to the NLS community and experience a day-in-the-life of a Northern Light School student - including participating in Morning Circle, attending classes and interacting with the student body and faculty. During your child's visit, they will be given a grade level assessment to determine readiness by the homeroom teacher. Priority Round shadow visits and assessments for the 2022-2023 school year will be held during February 2022. Every effort will be made to accommodate requests by parents for a specific date. We typically hold Shadow Visits in-person and hope to be able to do so during February 2022. We will continue to adhere to local Covid guidance and communicate details of student Shadow Visits directly to applicants. We will communicate other options for students that cannot attend an in-person Shadow Visit.
December 17, 2021
Application deadline for siblings
January 21, 2022
Application deadline for new families
Student Shadow Visit
Tuition Assistance Application Deadlines
January 31, 2022
SSS application should be submitted electronically.
Admissions Notification and Contracts
March 16, 2022
Admissions decisions mailed home
March 24, 2022
New families' contacts due by 10:00 am
We formally adopt and comply with all provisions of the current CAIS Code of Ethics.