The NLS Story
Northern Light School was founded on September 11, 1989 by four women with a calling to provide a Whole Child Education in a private school setting for children who would not have the opportunity for a private school education. With only $50 in their pockets, and twelve students on the school's inaugural first day, Northern Light's founders manifested the "dream" of Northern Light School into a reality that has continued to thrive for twenty-five years.
Pediatric and adult medicine
National Aeronautics and Space Administration agency
US Armed Forces, including the Navy SEALs, the Air Force, and the Army
- Performing arts, in music, film, theatre, and dance
- Primary, secondary, and university education both locally and globally (e.g, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Bolivia, Africa, and China)
- Technology (e.g., Google, Facebook, and Adobe)
- Politics and foreign relations and with the United Nations Programmes
- Philanthropic organizations, NGOs and nonprofits worldwide.
Northern Light School's graduates understand their responsibility to make the world a better place and actively seek out opportunities to do so. As a result of their nurturing in our close-knit community, they travel the world with Northern Light School a part of who they are, hereby demonstrating that our impact continues to reach across the globe and touch countless lives.
In 2004, fifteen years after its founding, Northern Light School relocated from its original site at 4500 Redwood Road to its current location at 3710 Dorisa Avenue and as a result, has been able to welcome even more wonderful children through its doors and into the Northern Light School family.